As pet owners and animal lovers, the resources listed below are dedicated to providing quality legal services to meet the growing need for legal representation in this ever changing field.
Pet Trusts and Pet Mediation
Peggy R. Hoyt, J.D., M.B.A., B.C.S.
The Law Offices of Hoyt & Bryan
254 Plaza Drive
Oviedo, Florida 32765
(board certified specialist in wills, trusts and estates and elder law)
Peggy is also a Florida Supreme Court certified mediator and now provides Pet Mediation - allowing for the peaceful resolution of disputes surrounding your pet. This most commonly will include custody disputes as a result of relationship dissolution, dog bite issues, landlord and tenant controversies. Peggy is the author of All My Children Wear Fur Coats - How to Leave a Legacy for Your Pet. Available in soft cover and Kindle versions.
Peggy serves on the Heritage Club Board for the SPCA of Central Florida and supports numerous animal related charities.
Kim Radcliffe actively serves the animal community through the Florida Bar Animal Law Committee and other animal related charities. Casey Taylor is also a true advocate for pets - she is active with The Center for Great Apes, Animal Legal Defense Fund and other pet protection organizations.
Pet Law Litigation
Marcy LaHart, Esq.
4804 SW 45th Street
Gainesville, FL 32608
Marcy LaHart, Esq. practices in animal law and public interest environmental law. In the animal law portion of her practice she represents pet owners that have legal issues relating to their companion animals, including defending allegedly dangerous dogs, pet custody disputes, veterinary malpractice, service animals and emotional support animals. She also advises rescue groups and other animal welfare organizations. As an environmental lawyer Ms. LaHart represents private citizens and grass roots environmental organizations in matters relating to wetlands and water use permitting.
Martin Law Office, P.A.
10200 Gandy Blvd. N. #1014
St. Petersburg, FL 33702
Tel: (813) 260-1413(813) 260-1413
Fax: (888) 250-6501
Gary M. Kaleita
Board Certified Real Estate Lawyer
Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed, P.A.
215 North Eola Drive
Orlando, Fl 32801
Gary specializes in real estate law with an interest in Bear-Wise Community Association law. He has been instrumental in developing association covenants regarding bears in a residential community.
CHAPMAN LAW GROUP, PLC
The Chancellor Building
12008 South Shore Boulevard | Suite 107
Tel 561.753.5996 | Fax 561.753.9966
- Agent purchase and sale issues
- Agister's Liens
- Agricultural Tax Exemptions and Appeals
- Bill of Sale Drafting and Issues
- Breeding Contracts
- Boarding Agreements
- Commissions Agreements
- Contract Disputes
- Counsel and representation before equestrian sport governing bodies
- Disciplinary Hearings
- Divorce and horses
- Drug and Medication Rules Violations
- Employment Practices
- Equine Activity Statutes
- Equine Business formation, transactions and counseling
- Equine Employment issues
- Equine insurance liability policies and coverage issues
- Equine liens (also known as horse liens, agister’s liens, stablekeeper’s liens)
- Equine mortality policy issues
- Equine Quarantine Issues
- Export Issues
- Fencing and other Duty of Care Issues
- Import Issues
- International Conflicts of Law
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Jockey Issues
- Liability Releases
- Liens for Stablekeepers, Farriers, Veterinarians and others providing horse care.
- Negligence Issues
- Permitting and Construction of Equestrian and Polo Facilities
- Professional Rider Liability
- Purchase and sale contracts
- Racetrack Issues
- Steward disputes
- Drug and Medications violations
- Labor disputes
- Racing and Licensing Regulation Issues
- Releases, Waivers and Liability Disputes
- Sales Commissions Disputes
- Stable Keeper's Liens
- Stable Premises Liability
- Steward Disputes
- Syndication Agreements
- Tax issues affecting equine businesses
- Tax and Value Adjustment Board applications and appeals
- Trainer Liability
- USEF Rules Violations
- Conduct violations
- Drug and Medications violations
- Veterinarian Liens
- Veterinarian representation before state licensing boards
- Veterinary Malpractice (for Veterinarians and Owners)
- Zoning Applications and Zoning Appeals
-federal, state or local laws and regulations addressing Fl Dangerous Dog Statute, Pet Lemon Law, Animal Welfare Act, Fair Housing Act or ADA, and Equine Activities Act.